Export thread

Oil in Carb.

B

Bat57

I have a craftsman Platinum 7.25 self propelled lawn mower that runs but it starts acting up after a few minutes of running and I find oil in the air filter case, it seems to be coming from the hose that comes from where the Breather Reed is at. I took off the cover and didn't find any backed up oil, so how would can I tell if the reed is bad? Thanks guys.

R

Romore

Did you check the oil level? It may be contaminated with gas indicating a carburetor problem.

B

Bat57

I have and oil is fine and does not smell of gas or thin like diluted with gas.

B

bertsmobile1

Easiest way to check it is to blow & suck as quickly as you can sort of mimicking the engine.
Unless you have a thing about oil, remove the tube first and clean the tube before testing.
Obviously it should suck very easily but not blow

B

Bat57

Ok, I will try that. Thanks.

Fish

Fish

Obviously it should suck very easily but not blow
We still talking about the mower?

B

Bat57

We still talking about the mower?
I am only talking about a mower.

Fish

Fish

Just joking a bit.

Right before this started happening, did you at any point stop and tilt the mower for any reason?
Think back.

B

Bat57

No, the first time I found this I cleaned the carburetor out, cleaned the gas tube from engine to breather out. took cover off breather reed and found no pooling oil in it. put cover back on and cleaned everything. Started mower again and it ran fine a couple of minutes then started acting up a little so I stopped it again and pulled air filter cover off and found oil in it again. Hose from block to air filter had some oil in it and carb had some again in it.