oil filter cross reference

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looked up a couple of Loncin 708cc engines and I did find that the camshaft gear was plastic, so my previous post was wrong.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Never had a Loncin apart so no comment about what is inside .
However what I will say is one of the big problems with design that prevents advancement is pig ignorant materials bigatory from people with no understanding of materials technology.
If you look at technical publications from the early 1900's you will see the authors pilloring makers for using that rubbish aluminium for pistons in place of the quality cast iron which every one knows is better .
Then there was the shift from cast iron or bronze heads to that cheap & nasty aluminium that every one knows is too soft and will melt under the heavy heat loads.
The bias about plastic gears is just as ignorant and out of place.
If a metal cam / crank fails, that is OK these things happen
If a plastic one fails it is because that moungrel cheap factory is deliberately using inferiour materials in order to make the engines fail quickly to sell more engines.
Don't you love conspiracy theories .
Not with standing that there were teething problems with using ENGINEERING plastics in engines , just the same as a lot of aluminium pistons had to fail before they came up with the 13% Silicon alloy universally used now days for cast pistons.

now151

Threads
very well spoken, there's always a lot more to something than what meets the eyes. it might be that the formula they use now is totally different and has been learned by the past failures. im sure in most cases an engine with a metal cam gear does alot more internal damage ,where a failure with nylon gear might be a better chance of repairing. now nylon governor gears are always used it seems like.