Oil Capacity of this Mower?

Alex Ethridge

Threads
Husqvarna ZT3016 mower with Briggs 31S877-0001-G1 engine

I have spent over an hour searching manuals, parts lists and the Briggs web site and I cannot find what the oil capacity of this engine is. Briggs has a link on their site which essentially says 'click here to find the type and capacity' (first sentence in step 4 on this page) but all that does is take me to a parts manual and if the capacity is in the parts manual, it is obfuscated to the point that I can't find it.

Thanks for reading.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
48oz, or 1.4L

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try 48 Oz. and then check. You can always add more if needed. It’s harder to get excess oil out of the engine.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Briggs has it at 48 oz but this is usually a dry engine fill amount. The problem is oil drain amounts can vary from engine to even within the same model. It best to fill one quart and then sneak up on the final fill amount. Note most Briggs filters usually takes an extra 6-8 oz. If filter is involved I would first fill to the full mark on the dipstick then ran the engine a couple minutes to fill the filter, recheck oil level [make sure you turn the engine off first] and add oil as needed to return to the full mark.

swschult

Threads
Husqvarna ZT3016 mower with Briggs 31S877-0001-G1 engine

I have spent over an hour searching manuals, parts lists and the Briggs web site and I cannot find what the oil capacity of this engine is. Briggs has a link on their site which essentially says 'click here to find the type and capacity' (first sentence in step 4 on this page) but all that does is take me to a parts manual and if the capacity is in the parts manual, it is obfuscated to the point that I can't find it.

Thanks for reading.
Page 48 of the manual:
excluding filter 1.5 qts
including filter 1.7 qts
I can email you the manual if you wish: schultzsw@gmail.com

Alex Ethridge

Threads
Thanks for that information but this is page 48 of the mower operator's manual that I have and there is nothing there about engine oil capacity. There is no page 48 in the engine parts manual. I have found no operator's manual for the engine.Screenshot 10-23-2021 12.42.48.jpg

swschult

Threads
Thanks for that information but this is page 48 of the mower operator's manual that I have and there is nothing there about engine oil capacity. There is no page 48 in the engine parts manual. I have found no operator's manual for the engine.View attachment 58766
I might have the engine manual too. If you want either or both, let me know.

Alex Ethridge

Threads
I'm satisfied now that the oil capacity is 1.5~ quarts. Thanks but I have both manuals, had them before posting here. That's why I posted here; there's nothing in the manuals about oil capacity.

Rant: There is no definitive information on the Briggs site as to the oil capacity of this engine. All links in the Briggs site purporting to give the oil capacity are dead ends, leaving homeowner users to figure it out by trial and error, unprofessional. That information should be readily available, easy to find.

swschult

Threads
For whoever can make use of them, attached please find two RZ3016 manuals: one for the engine and one for parts. The one for the engine includes oil capacity. The mower manual is too large (3.7MB) to attach, even when compressed, so if you want that one, please send me an email: schultzsw@gmail.com

Attachments

• msuwEN-K_ny7tH217FzoPu.PDF
    626.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 31E7770115G1.pdf
    662.6 KB · Views: 3