Export thread

Oh snap, I didn't just do that.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Yup, I did.

Was pouring oil into the oil fill tube, and out of the bottle and down the spout was the tinfoil like cover that's under the cap of a new bottle.

I used the oil extractor, but couldn't pick it up. Opened up the drain plug and tried to flush it out, to no avail. Went through 3 quarts, and didn't even see it through the drain hole.

Soooooooo, what do I do now? Pull the engine, remove the sump and get it? Or are these made of something that's not harmful to the inside of this Kohler KT735?

R

Romore

I would suck it up and pull the engine, you don't want that clogging an oil passage after it gets shredded. Pay now or really pay later.

tom3

tom3

Might take off the oil tube, see if it's stuck at the bottom in the base plate. Is this an actual foil piece or a metal looking plastic seal.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Might take off the oil tube, see if it's stuck at the bottom in the base plate. Is this an actual foil piece or a metal looking plastic seal.

I'm not sure. It looks like foil. But I do know there's plastic on the bottom side of it. You can see it when your finger stretches it, as you break through it.
Tomorrow, I'll look closer, as I havery several empty qt. bottles in the trash.

B

bertsmobile1

Get yourself a 5 gal drum and a long neck measuring jug .
Not only is oil cheaper like that now you can buy it wholesale but this will never happen again by doing it that way.
I got a couple with lines marked for different engines at about 90% stated capacity.
After that I use an old 1 liter Lucas oil additive bottle to top up that tiny bit to the full line for the SAE 30 and a similar diff oil bottle for the 14 W 40 ( don't use 10 W 30 ) so I don't grab the wrong one when not thinking. There are 2 jugs for each oil type & when not in use they live in plastic bags to avoid contamination.
I used to get it in 44's but the drum costs skyrocketed , but if the oil price goes low enough it might be viable to buy another .
The 44's are bought in my name & the company buys the bottled oil because the tax man uses your oil consumption down here to validate your tax returns, amongst other things.

StarTech

StarTech

If I was there I hold you up by the legs and smack your bottom. :LOL: But it happens.

Oh wouldn't like to have 1x4 sometimes for those guys with plumber's butt.:eek:

B

bertsmobile1

Don't get me wrong.
I do pay tax, I just don't like the way the tax department works.
In a previous business we were found to be in breach and were fined which we refused to pay.
The case went to court & we won.
payback was getting audited each and every year till the business folded .
Now we are happy to have companies like Microsoft, Apple BOC, ICI & the like turn over hundreds of millions and pay no tax but the tax man harresses small business owners for not crossing T's or dotting I's just to make t look like they are actually doing something.
So I make life as difficult for them as possible.
Thus they can not divide my oil orders by 1.15 and then tell me I must have done X services in any financial year and mount a tax avoidance case .
I pay a lot of tax as my business is not registered for GST thus the 10% levied on everything I buy is not able to be passed on to the customers .
Thus if they want to verify my accounts they have to manually count blades in bulk blade boxes , belts on the shelf and gaskets in grab packs .
The invoicing is not done is a strict numerical sequence.
Each commercial customer has their own unique invoicing series so the auditor has to open the directory of each customer , print out all of the PDF's then try to marry them up to inventory in hand or stock ordered in for the job . And I always make a minimum free delivery order so there is never a single job order on any supplier.
There is another set of invoice numbers for regular clients and yet another for gate sales .
A business of my size should never be audited but I have been done over twice and all of my previous partners get the same treatment .
Thus if they want to dig up dirt , they have to put the sweat in and to date not a single auditor has stayed for more than an hour.
They ask me how I manage the company , I point to my head & reply it is all in here otherwise I would go dopey .
The records are here if you want to go through them.