Obsolete parts?

davidblaine

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have a Stihl FS44 string trimmer I bought new in the 1990's. I need either a replacement carb or a carb kit. It has the Walbro WT-160B carb. I'm not finding anything on Ebay or Amazon. There are carb kits on those sites, but I'm a skeptic. The gaskets pictured do not match the gaskets that are on this machine now. I guess I could make gaskets from material, and find some replacement hose. But a kit with the grommets, hose, primer bulb and gaskets would be nice. Should I be donating this to the Smithsonian? I figure for the price of new OEM carbs I'll junk this and get a new model. Advice? Thanks!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Those models were actually old Ryan/Ryobi models, and the standard k20-WAT should fit it fine. There will be extra/different gaskets, as those kits cover many different carbs, the k10-wat kit is pretty close to the same, but the k20 has both sizes of the needles, so I like to get that one.

davidblaine

Forum Newbie
Threads
Those models were actually old Ryan/Ryobi models, and the standard k20-WAT should fit it fine. There will be extra/different gaskets, as those kits cover many different carbs, the k10-wat kit is pretty close to the same, but the k20 has both sizes of the needles, so I like to get that one.
Thank You!

davidblaine

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think that possibly I was looking for the gaskets used when reattaching the carb and carb adapter. The kits probably don't include those and instead have the gaskets for the actual carb.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
This one would be a pain to make. Call a few Stihl dealers, they may still have one in stock. When looking for parts, the fs36, fs40, and fs44 all used pretty much the same engine.

fs36.jpggrommet.jpg