not cutting even

conductorjc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a husqvarna riding mower .The left side blade is cutting better than the right.I,ve sharpend the blades,the blades measure the same on flat surface,and tire pressure is equal and the blades dont seem to be bent.ive swapped the blades and still cuts good on left side.could it be the belt is stretched and nut turning right side as strong as left .need help !:confused2:

lonestarjeff

Threads
My 1st check would be to see if the idler on the deck belt is adjusted right or the spring is loose. The 2nd thing I'd check is if the spindle on that(poor-cutting)side is binding. Some have grease fittings.

Jeff

4acres

Threads
I have a 2005 LGT2254 and I had the same complaint. Getting under it did not help me determine the problem. My advise is to remove the deck from the tractor, prop the deck up against a tree or something else in the shade, so you can spin the blades one at a time and you'll see the problem immediately. Mine had a distinct wobble in one spindle. Close inspection showed the problem to be a bad lower spindle bearing. I was pleasantly surprised to see how easy the spindles can be replaced/rebuilt and replaced one of the spindles entirely and since I had the deck off, I rebuilt the other two with OEM replacement spindles and bearings. Total spent on all three spindles was $130.00 and it cuts like a new again.
Hope this helps.