Noise, but Disappeared When braked- John Deere L111

stonemind

Member
Hi, I recently tried to mow my lawn to kill the boredom of lockdown, but the noise from the mower has kept me restless. After replacing 2 idler pulleys, the noise stays unchanged. But the noise disappeared the moment I stepped on the brakes. I youtubed , but was unable to find a solution.
Now I am no longer bored and may stay restless until I find a solution to kill the noise---so that I can go back to appreciate anew my boredom in peace.

Any suggestion to restore my boredom, i. e., to eliminate that noise, will be greatly appreciated. Thx.......
 
Did you replaced the drive belt? If so the only left is the hydrostatic transmission input bearing or other problem internally.
 
Star Tech,

I did. So it must be caused by the overused hydrostatic transmission input bearing. I am youtubing to find out where it is located and what it looks like.

Will get back to you after my findings. Many thanks,...
 
Back
Top