No spark

dkgroce

Threads
I have a TB Pony 15.5hp that won't start. It cranks, it's getting gas. new plug, new fuse but still won't start. Any ideas?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Couple of ideas, but because I’m not psychic I don’t know the make and model of your engine and I really hate guessing. Best guess at this point is no spark.

dkgroce

Threads
It is a Briggs & Stratton 15.5 hp. No spark, why didn't I think of that?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That narrows it down to about 25 different engine models.
If you want us to help you there are two options
1) buy some beer & steaks then ask us round for a BBQ
2) provide the full details we ask for.

The site gets about 200 posts a day at this time of the year and those who make it hard for us just get passed over in favour of people whu actually want help & are appreciative of getting it .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is a Briggs & Stratton 15.5 hp. No spark, why didn't I think of that?
We need the engine numbers, not mower numbers. Mowers are like a Ford what ever body with a chevy engine.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I prefer a Mopar over Chevy but anything over Ford. Even the Ford lawnmower I brought was a Fix Or Repair Daily machine. But I had very good with Honda and Toyota vehicle too. My Chevy PU currently has over 330,000 miles on it.

dkgroce

Threads
Ok, internet is back. My TB is a 2016 Pony model 13mw77ks011. I don't an engine model but it is a Briggs 15.5 hp. When I try to start it, it just cranks. Replaced the plug same thing. Pulled plug out and cranked, fuel blew out. Replaced plug and mower started but chugged and smoked. I am thinking flooding now. Fuel solenoid maybe? I will get the motor numbers if they are still needed.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check your oil level and smell it. I’ll bet it is over the full mark and smells like gas. Cause is the float needle is not seating properly, allowing gas to drain directly full the tank, through the carb and into the cylinder and crankcase. Remedy, remove the carb, clean and rebuild with a new needle and seat.

dkgroce

Threads
Solenoid was stuck. Repair dude sprayed it with carb clean. Works great now. Charged me $2 to buy a pop. Thanks for your help.