No spark but all checks out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
See I found this on testing coils and this guy was actually testing an engine identical to what I have. Are you saying that what he is doing in this test doesn’t prove anything with the coils he is testing? I did my test identical to what he was doing. Tks

Firstly the GURU you are consulting & placing your faith in are a bunch of school kids who made a series of videos at the local dump ( thus the carpet under the coils )
About 5 % of what they published was correct, the rest is total trash because to quote a famous author
"they are just ignorant ape descendants who don't know any better "
But being high school kids they did a slick production and of course uploaded over 50 videos .
'You might have noticed to get the "too high" readings he read against the rusted laminations while to good & low reading were taken either on the clean section that was under the bolt or in contact with the engine or inside the bolt hole which is usually clean.
FWIW those school kids are now university graduates and the money they made from selling parts funded their education and aided destroying the planet by replacing perfectly good parts .
It is hard to get good reliable information off Boob Toob
However if you limit your viewing to Taryl fixes all or DonnyBoy 87 then you will not be getting confused by garbage posts by the ignorant in order to capatilize from the uninformed .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes I’ve done all you mentioned. I guess it the coil is shot so have a new one ordered.
Coils can not be repaired
So it is a case of works or replace
In many of them you can not even replace the HT lead because it is twisted onto the end of the secondary coil & not on a brass screw
Some cheaper ones even use automotive graphite HT wire because that is cheaper then copper cored mower wire .

cdestuck

Threads
Firstly the GURU you are consulting & placing your faith in are a bunch of school kids who made a series of videos at the local dump ( thus the carpet under the coils )
About 5 % of what they published was correct, the rest is total trash because to quote a famous author
"they are just ignorant ape descendants who don't know any better "
But being high school kids they did a slick production and of course uploaded over 50 videos .
'You might have noticed to get the "too high" readings he read against the rusted laminations while to good & low reading were taken either on the clean section that was under the bolt or in contact with the engine or inside the bolt hole which is usually clean.
FWIW those school kids are now university graduates and the money they made from selling parts funded their education and aided destroying the planet by replacing perfectly good parts .
It is hard to get good reliable information off Boob Toob
However if you limit your viewing to Taryl fixes all or DonnyBoy 87 then you will not be getting confused by garbage posts by the ignorant in order to capatilize from the uninformed .
I do watch Donyboy pretty often. As for Taryl, I can’t hack him. Tks.

shadetree#1

Threads
You say:
I do watch Donyboy pretty often. As for Taryl, I can’t hack him.

DO NOT LOOK HIM in the EYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He brushes/flosses his teeth with a garden rake.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those of us who have been involved in education can see exactly what Taryl is doing and it is a common ploy to make you remember what he is trying to tell you .
I skip the preliminary attempt at humour .
All the other stuff like mispronouncing names is all text book technique .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
All I know is that for a lack of better terms I am a meat and potato guy. Otherwords cut out the BS and to the facts which why I don't watch either those guys videos. And I have tried watching other videos too and I just get so frustrated that I close the screen and go get a cup of coffee or do something else; just makes my head hurt.