no place to connect primer bulb on a briggs 500E motor

sndavis

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / no place to connect primer bulb on a briggs 500E motor
i have a briggs 500E motor that has a primer bulb and outlet from the carb (plastic), but there is not a primer hose. also, I can't find anyplace to connect the line (if there were one). I've taken the carb and tank off the mower and looked everywhere, but the only connection I can find is from the tank to the carb.

the manual shows a primer bulb and primer hose, but it doesn't show a connection either.

can anyone help with this?
snd

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The outlet on the carb is a vent tube.
The primer pumps through a passage in the backing plate,
It pumps air down into the fuel bowl to depress the float & raise the fuel level.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The primer in the filter housing pushes air down in to the bowl area to force fuel into the venturi of the carb. The nipple is used for a remote primer system which has never been used as far as I know.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
The primer with the tube is common over here on the big box store mowers.

Also the white tube on the carb has been the cause of bad starting as it should be sealed (possibly a running change due) if the primer bulb is fitted in the middle of the air filter cover as not enough fuel is being pushed up.

I fit a small piece of fuel hose which has silicone in it to seal the pipe.

sndavis

Forum Newbie
Threads
The primer with the tube is common over here on the big box store mowers.

Also the white tube on the carb has been the cause of bad starting as it should be sealed (possibly a running change due) if the primer bulb is fitted in the middle of the air filter cover as not enough fuel is being pushed up.

I fit a small piece of fuel hose which has silicone in it to seal the pipe.

Thanks very much. I felt that it had to be something like that.
snd

sndavis

Forum Newbie
Threads
The primer in the filter housing pushes air down in to the bowl area to force fuel into the venturi of the carb. The nipple is used for a remote primer system which has never been used as far as I know.

Thank you very much. I used to work on these things many years ago, but I've gotten so old that I don't
remember what I used to know, much less know about anything new. I do know one thing - While these plastic
carburetors may be okay, I don't like them.
Thanks again,
snd