No low idle adjustment?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Echo SRM230. I got the H plug out, but it needs the L adjusted too. But there doesn't seem to be a plug in this one. Just brass with no slot at all. IIRC, there was a plug in both of these. The L being at the very top.

Am I'm missing something? I've never seen one with only the H (hidden) adjustment screw.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
As far as I know you just got to remove the EPA plug using a 2.5mm extraction tool. And yes the plug can be very hard to see and sometime looks one is not there. Now of course someone may have put the wrong carburetor on it.

here is the carb adjustment info.
SRM-230 Carb.png
Limiter cap
p005001270__80102_Echo__72440.1564680887.jpg

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
After heat the small screw driver and placing it plug, you can feel it sink into the plastic. (H side) Doing the same thing on the L side, I've always had felt the same thing. This time, with the L side, there was no pressing it. So I put on my glasses, for a closer clearer look, and didn't see the black plastic plug. Nor the groove where the screw driver was supposed to fit.
With the screw driver, I put some pressure on it while I turned it (to see if some epoxy or something like it, would scrape off. And it appeared to be brass.
It started pretty easy. Idled just ok. The response time on the trigger was a little slow. But customer was glad it would rev up a lot higher now.

BTW, thanks for the adjustment procedures, I'll be using that a lot.