Engine no electricity at turn of key

Mike Lee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Craftsman yt3000 model 917.250220
Full battery, new seat cutout switch.
I took a screwdriver across the solenoid and got the engine to turn over.
Bought a new solenoid. Nothing when I turn the key.
I got smart and instead of buying a new blade clutch safety switch I used my ohms meter and found out that it was good.

Of course I did the other....depressed clutch pedal, disengaged blades..etc.

Is there a safety electric switch on the clutch pedal ? Any ideas would be helpful.

Mike Lee

Mikel1

Threads
So do you have 12v to ignition switch from battery?

Mikel1

Threads
Should be a brake/clutch switch, also you could test the ignition switch if you haven't already.

hrdman2luv

Threads
I'm sooooo glad I done away with all my safety switches. Those things made it sooo hard to diagnose problems. You couldn't get to the real problem without going through all the switches first. Or visa versa.

Now I have a push button start and a toggle kill switch...

The other day I was digging up some dirt in the back pasture, putting it on my mower trailer to haul to the house to fill in some holes. I hit a wet spot and got stuck. I was so glad that I could get off the mower and push it out, with it still running and in gear. Otherwise, I would've had to get the other mower (or the Bronco) and go all the way out there and pull it out.

Mike Lee

Forum Newbie
Threads

Any ideas where the safety switch is? I try to follow the pedal, linkage back to the back and it goes into the box like thing near the battery box.
Anybody know how to get to it?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On most of the crafsmans I have worked on, the clutch switch was located behind the engine in the neighborhood of the steering gears. Normally with the wires facing up, and the button facing down. On some the switch has to come out from the bottom, which can be a pain, and in some cases requires disassembly of parts of the mower to remove.

Mike Lee

Forum Newbie
Threads
On most of the crafsmans I have worked on, the clutch switch was located behind the engine in the neighborhood of the steering gears. Normally with the wires facing up, and the button facing down. On some the switch has to come out from the bottom, which can be a pain, and in some cases requires disassembly of parts of the mower to remove.

That is the problem. I can look at a video and get a great idea of how to take things apart. I look at the backside of the mower and don't want to just start unscrewing screws. Thanks anyway. I suppose I will bite the bullet and just take it in.