Nikki carb Problem on snowblower

tim4

Threads
I am working on a briggs 12 horse with a nikki carburetor on it. The engine runs fine but when I prime it to start it once it leaks out of a hole that is above the fuel line fitting on the carb.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We will need the model number of the engine so we can decipher which one of the thousands of engines that you have.

tim4

Threads
We will need the model number of the engine so we can decipher which one of the thousands of engines that you have.
the model is 100el21a414 type 073e1

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
About the only thing I can think of in that area would be the round welch plug that should be covering the transition ports for the low speed jet. Should be fairly sealed in that area. But I would think the primer should be pushing fuel up threw the main jet straight into the carb venturi.

tim4

Threads
About the only thing I can think of in that area would be the round welch plug that should be covering the transition ports for the low speed jet. Should be fairly sealed in that area. But I would think the primer should be pushing fuel up threw the main jet straight into the carb venturi.
When I push the primer it really squirts out of that hole but the engine starts so I know it is going in to the carb also. Sory I had to get some one to read the numbers and I thought the nikki carburetors are the same more or less some do not have a primer line on them.

tim4

Threads
When I push the primer it really squirts out of that hole but the engine starts so I know it is going in to the carb also. Sory I had to get some one to read the numbers and I thought the nikki carburetors are the same more or less some do not have a primer line on them.
I found out that the plug is too big for the hole. It is a hole they use to put fuel in the bowl of the carburetor to run the engine and make necessary settings. here is 2 pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0762.JPG
    IMG_0762.JPG
    564.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0763.JPG
    IMG_0763.JPG
    577.1 KB · Views: 2