Newer carbs now have an adjustment?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hopefully you did both carbs.

Never have understood why someone would not simply buy the proper tools if they are in the repair business; especially as they can be gotten for $15. It is a heck lot of less work and mess.
61vz%2BhmoTEL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Of course I threw away cleaning brushes as they way too big for most cubes and rotaries.

I just got a set of these, just for the micro D. Turns out, the OD of this particular one was too big to even fit into the hole. So I grinded it down to fit. But it still didn't fit just right. Cheap Amazon crap I had to eat. But, the rest of these may work.
I ended up getting a single micro D from another place. That was as much, if not a little more, than this whole set. But it fits.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
View attachment 55026
One of the most used drawers in the shop. And those are ahhhh..... small screwdrivers.

Now that things are slowing down, and I'm about 2 week from getting all caught up (hopefully), I'm going to designate one part of the shop for mower. And the other for 2 cycle. And hopefully a new tool box strictly for 2 cycle tools.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I just got a set of these, just for the micro D. Turns out, the OD of this particular one was too big to even fit into the hole. So I grinded it down to fit. But it still didn't fit just right. Cheap Amazon crap I had to eat. But, the rest of these may work.
I ended up getting a single micro D from another place. That was as much, if not a little more, than this whole set. But it fits.
Strange mine was fine. What I needing was the acircle ones. I had all the other ones. What I am needing now is a D that larger than the ones in either set I have that is used on some of the Kohler carbs.

JBtoro

Threads
Okay I had a little spare time this morning since it is raining to research the carburetor posted about. First it is a clone sold on Amazon. Second it is the adjustable version of the carburetor which Honda actually produces their own version. It is used several of GCV190 engine versions but not on all the GCV190's. The non adjustable version are ran only at max rpm spec and and no idle mode or variable speed settings.

What is happening is the vendor is just selling the adjustable version in place of the fix jet version.
Thanks. You are the only one who has attempted to address the initial intent of this post. Man, did most responses get off track in a hurry! So, you are saying that the adjustable versions allow for the adjustment of rpm's by turning that screw? Is that it?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well I was thinking you were referring the setting of the fuel mixture. Otherwise the fix speed models don't a screw persay it is the function of the governor setting. By changing the governor setting you would change the fix speed. Usually carburetors with variable mixture settings are use model that go from an idle speed to max governed speed. On those engine there is an idle speed adjustment screw that prevents the throttle plate (vane) from fully closing to set the idle speed.

Oem carburetors out there don't even have idle mixture passages as they are fix speed setups.