hogholder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone, just a few words to say hello. I'm a retired boiler operator and decided to do the lawnmower thing to keep me busy. I enjoy ham radio and R/C planes. I live in north central Ohio. My first project is to overhaul a briggs 18.5 hp opposed twin. Wish me luck and I really enjoy the forum.

Harry .... KB8UBQ

Threads
Hello everyone, just a few words to say hello. I'm a retired boiler operator and decided to do the lawnmower thing to keep me busy. I enjoy ham radio and R/C planes. I live in north central Ohio. My first project is to overhaul a briggs 18.5 hp opposed twin. Wish me luck and I really enjoy the forum.

Harry .... KB8UBQ

Hello, Harry.....Welcome to LawnMowerForum!
You have some neat hobbies! Make sure you tell us how your project goes and ask if you have any questions! :smile:
:welcome:

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello hogholder,

Welcome to LawnMowerForum!:smile:

RegularJoe

Threads

Harry .... KB8UBQ

Hello there Harry - I'm a newbie as well from GA and an on and off again Ham.... one day I was wondering how would I keep my IC7000 ham radio &/or HT going if there was no grid.... (I am getting to lawnmowers I promise :rolleyes: ) ..... so I bumped into the following site on how to convert a lawnmower/vertical shaft to an electric generator for 12V deep cycles.
theepicenter.com/tow02077.html < if that link did not post I will get it to you some other way. I have noticed that some links are are not getting to their 'destination.' I am hoping by excluding the 3 'w'.s in front that the webmaster'll let it post thru.
Anyways.... I realized that even if I built a generator per the above site's specs and parts, at that time, would not know nuff to keep it going (gulp!) so.... that help prompt me into trying to at least get to the stage of knowing what I don't know about small engines.
Long story shorter.... I am, now, half way thru the assembly/have all the parts.
Later
P.S. Spent about 4 years in Athens, OH about a thousand or so years ago (originally from S/W PA).

Threads
I have noticed that some links are are not getting to their 'destination.' I am hoping by excluding the 3 'w'.s in front that the webmaster'll let it post thru.

If a website address does not turn into a link automatically what you have to do is when you are editing the post, type "url" in between a pair of [] before the link and type "/url" in between a pair of [] after the link. Below is a picture of what I mean.
making a link.jpg

hogholder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello there Harry - I'm a newbie as well from GA and an on and off again Ham.... one day I was wondering how would I keep my IC7000 ham radio &/or HT going if there was no grid.... (I am getting to lawnmowers I promise :rolleyes: ) ..... so I bumped into the following site on how to convert a lawnmower/vertical shaft to an electric generator for 12V deep cycles.
theepicenter.com/tow02077.html < if that link did not post I will get it to you some other way. I have noticed that some links are are not getting to their 'destination.' I am hoping by excluding the 3 'w'.s in front that the webmaster'll let it post thru.
Anyways.... I realized that even if I built a generator per the above site's specs and parts, at that time, would not know nuff to keep it going (gulp!) so.... that help prompt me into trying to at least get to the stage of knowing what I don't know about small engines.
Long story shorter.... I am, now, half way thru the assembly/have all the parts.
Later
P.S. Spent about 4 years in Athens, OH about a thousand or so years ago (originally from S/W PA).

Good idea Regular Joe. I'm going to try to make one for field day.