New Troy-Bilt riding mower

Greg52

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and was hoping you kind folks would lend me your advice and knowledge.

I just purchased a brand new riding mower for dad. He's getting up in years, but still enjoys cutting his own grass. He selected the Bronco 42 Riding Lawn Mower from Troy-Bilt. I have a couple of questions...

A) I brought it from the Troy-Bilt website and it is being delivered to his house via "LTL" freight. What exactly should I expect?

B) How much assembly is going to be required?

C) My dad and I have always used push mowers. He takes very good care of his equipment. The current push mower he has now if from the late 80s. Are there any hints or tricks for breaking in the engine or overall maintaining the new mower to make it as hassle free for an older man?

Thank you for any and all responses with help. I truly do appreciate it!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most likely it will be in a crate, and you will have to install the steering wheel and the deck. Maybe add engine oil.

Telesis

Threads
If you go to the Troy-Bilt website page for your rider, there is a 'hotlink' to the Assembly Instructions. You can take a look at what's involved!
LTL stands for 'less than truckload' which is used when shipping smaller amounts of things. Hopefully they'll be bringing it in a truck with a lift-gate since it's a residential delivery!