New Toro Start Problem

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Should I be concerned with the loaping idle of this B & S engine. Less than 10 hours on the mower bought in March.Starts on 1st or 2nd pull now when starting up. It intermittently starts the loaping when mowing. Before warranty runs out, would like to make sure i do all I can to get it right. This is my 4 mower with B & S engine. Never has issues till this mower. Should I forget it and move on? I'll try to post a link to a short video with the sound. https://share.icloud.com/photos/086LoQTgy0cv3yJ-P8Pnm7GVw
Concerned? Yes.

After 5 pages, I'm not seeing any fixing action on the OP's part. All these people crying out about checking the choke. Nothing done about it. Then all of a sudden, removing Sta-Bil is the fix all cure of lawn mowers now. These mowers have a common choke adjustment issue. As in an exhaust thermostat and air vanes.....

1.Take a glass canning jar. Dump fuel out of your fuel can into this glass jar. Look for water in the bottom of the jar. Let the fuel sit for a minute. Report back here.

2.Do you have an old fuel can maybe with no cap on the spout? Best to buy a new pain in the azz slow pouring can. Keeps the fuel fresh much longer than an open top spout.

3.Possible you got water in the gas directly from the station. Mower monkies said they put fresh fuel in and it started fine for them.

4.Are you storing it vertically or upright? Using that smart stow wonder feature? I would refrain from it if you are.

Gord Baker

Threads
If people would just run their equipment until it stalls from lack of fuel then if possible drain the Float Bowl and fuel tank, many of these problems would be solved. ALWAYS use Premium Fuel WITHOUT Methanol if possible. No storage problems.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wish more engines had the Honda drain plug on the carb bowl. An extra nine cents to solve many running issues.