Export thread

New Toro Recycler no start

T

Trouble

Hiya guys,
Hate to bother ya'll on such a question, but...hopin' for a quick fix before I have to take it in a wait forever to get it back. New Toro Recycler with the Kohler 6.5 Torque engine, used/mowed lawn 3 times, on 3rd mowing it took alot more than the guaranteed 2 pulls to start, after a week, went to mow, will not start, BUT..will start if I squirt a lil' bit of gas into the carb intake behind the filter, but then, it dies after the gas is used up...I have a rubber hammer and used it to tap the metal "Bowl" but, doesn't do any good..so far, or is that an old wive's tale, I thought it did work, or used to anyway. Well, any help at all would be appreciated very much, I think after this I am going to see a bout taking some sort of small engine repair classes...sigh...

T

Trouble

Hmm, wuut? :confused:

Well, anyway, to the rest of you out there that might come here to help, I found a few posts somehow, that relate sorta to my problem, in essence it seems I am going to be told to remove and clean the carb, ..ok, that would almost be worth it just for the learning experience, and if it wasn't under warranty I would. Oh well, was hopin' that maybe something was just stuck or something was loose that I couldn't see or don't know about. After this I have a Honda HRX that needs to helped, for some reason it is not using the oil that I put in it, the level has NOT dropped. But, that is a story for the honda section, cya there.:thumbsup:

Carscw

Carscw

Hmm, wuut? :confused:

Well, anyway, to the rest of you out there that might come here to help, I found a few posts somehow, that relate sorta to my problem, in essence it seems I am going to be told to remove and clean the carb, ..ok, that would almost be worth it just for the learning experience, and if it wasn't under warranty I would. Oh well, was hopin' that maybe something was just stuck or something was loose that I couldn't see or don't know about. After this I have a Honda HRX that needs to helped, for some reason it is not using the oil that I put in it, the level has NOT dropped. But, that is a story for the honda section, cya there.:thumbsup:

I may be crazy but I would be very happy with a engine that I did not have to put oil in every time I used it.
How much oil do you think it should use?

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

pugaltitude

pugaltitude

If its new take it back to the dealer.

Sounds like carb problem but may be a fuel problem.
How old is your fuel? If over a month then it could be stale if you havnt added an additive.

R

Rivets

On your Toro problem, take it into the dealer for warranty work. I have seem Kohler engines which do not have the choke working properly. On your Honda problem, today's small engine use very little oil over a season of normal work. Oil consumption goes up if, extreme usage, operating in extremely hot conditions, cylinder or piston wear.

C

chance123

Hiya guys,
.I have a rubber hammer and used it to tap the metal "Bowl" but, doesn't do any good..so far, or is that an old wive's tale

"That" sometimes works when your float is stuck and won't shut the fuel off.

T

Trouble

I may be crazy but I would be very happy with a engine that I did not have to put oil in every time I used it.
How much oil do you think it should use?

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

I totally agree, in having a machine that doesn't use any oil... but...a whole year?, mowing once a week from April til ...oh, around October. I mean not even a tiny bit lower on the stick! Just kinda weird, or not I guess, just wanted to make sure.
Ok, I will take the Toro in, no problem, thankyou all who answered very much for your time and help!:cool:

T

Trouble

"That" sometimes works when your float is stuck and won't shut the fuel off.

Ahh, ok, I had it backwards then, lol, ..sigh..figures:ashamed:, thanks alot for setting me straight on that.

R

Rivets

I'm guessing about two hours a week, for 24 weeks, is only 48 hours of use for the season. That is not that much, if you are using a good oil and have a good engine, the amount used would be very small.

T

Trouble

Thanks alot Rivets, appreciate the quick replies!:thumbsup: