New to forum: 2022 Exmark Radius S Power Port

Roll

Threads
Hi all....
First zero Turn and first eXmark. I spent more than I intended, that's probably a common story. Anyway I'd like to put a power port on it. I'm no stranger to getting my hands dirty or knowing what tool to use, but I have no clear idea of where the factory puts a power port on the Radius S? Does anyone know or can you post a picture of either your install or the factory install. Thanks for the direction. Roll

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome aboard, sorry no answer from me..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If I understand correctly it goes on the operator's panel but you need to cutout the area cover at the mounting point at location #6.
1669214561262.png

Roll

Threads
Well, that's perfect StarTech. Exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you. I suppose a hole saw will do the trick with some small amount of trimming for the clip holes. I hoped (and thought) it would come yesterday. It might still arrive this afternoon. If not, it will probably be next week. I would have brought it home myself if my utility trailer had not already been loaded up and covered for the winter. Still may have a chance to mow one more time, A chance anyway. Thanks again.

Roll

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd take a peek at the underside before drilling, just to be sure no wires or whatever may be in that path..

Roll

Threads
I had planned to remove the panel and drill it will wood on either side. Assuming I can remove the panel without too much trouble. Thanks again.
Edit: I should check the price of the panel in case my plans go awry.
Edit 2: Checked, that panel is $75. I would spend that to make the mower "whole" again, (pun intended) but I'll take my time and be careful just the same.
Roll

Last edited:

AdamE

Threads
Roll, unless I'm misunderstanding what your trying to do, there's no need to drill anything. Just use a razor knife and cut along the dotted line outlining where the port goes. The hole in the metal for the port is already there - it's just covered by the plastic.

At least that's how it is on my Radius.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
As Adam said it just a matter of cutting the plastic cover sheet. Many to mowers I work usually already have the metal part cutouts done. It just easier for the factory to die cut one piece than having do multiple pieces and the plastic is a lot easier to modify.

Roll

Threads
LOL Well it doesn't get much simpler than that, :) I had no idea, still waiting for my delivery. Will be next week now probably. Also I thought the panels were plastic, you indicate they are metal which would explain the price.

It sounds like this will be 15 minute job at most. LOL

Roll

Threads
While we are on this panel trimming subject. Does anyone add lights? I ended up disconnecting the lights on the JD, I never mowed in the dark. But towing something or out on the road which I do when mowing might make the lights a safer mower. As far as lights go what about flashers? I didn't see any lights at all on the radius I bought.