New TB 130 -- Won't Start -- HELP!

okibono44

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I took off the bowl, it was full of fuel. Does anyone presume that its a ignition problem?

Thanks for the tip. When I took off the bowl, it was clean and full of full...that's what is strange.

peteco

Threads
When I took off the bowl, it was full of fuel. Does anyone presume that its a ignition problem?

The first test is the spark. If you have sparks and your bowl is full, then your carb is blocked. You must clean the jets.
I have a question the machine was running how long ago??

okibono44

Forum Newbie
Threads
It might help to just talk with Honda's Customer Relations and let them step you through the proper procedure. I'm not familiar with how it works with Lowes. Honda's CR number is 770-497-6400, and have that engine serial number when you call.

The ARCS can be a little tricky to correctly inspect and diagnose. In some cases, small updates to the air cleaner case and cylinder fins and resolve certain types of problems, while other indicate replacement of the ARCS. Best to have an experienced tech take a close look and determine if there is a factory defect or some other reason for the odd behavior.

Thanks. I called Honda. They said to take it to Lowes and let them coordinate with their authorized Honda service contact for warranty work. I'll see how that goes.

okibono44

Forum Newbie
Threads
The first test is the spark. If you have sparks and your bowl is full, then your carb is blocked. You must clean the jets.

I purchased the lawn mower used and in current condition. I don't know exactly when it last ran. I will check for spark.

peteco

Threads
ok.
Let us know how it was and very good luck!!

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

Not necessarily. You can have perfect fuel flow into and out of the carburetor, but if the air intake is wrong (e.g., choke not working) it will be difficult, if not outright impossible to get the engine started and running smoothly. There must be the correct air & fuel mixture (just how much varies with the engine temp). Ice cold, the engine needs very little air, but as it warms up, it needs much less.

okibono44

Forum Newbie
Threads

Well, I tested spark and it has ample spark. I took the carb off to check the auto choke lever position that you mentioned and re-installed the carb with the lever to the back. The isolator gasket between the block and the isolator has a slight tear in it...I don't think that is the problem though.

SO...if there is spark and clean gas...it's GOT TO be the carb. Possibly an air/fuel ratio issue or something. Thoughts?