New Super Recycler sputtering issue.

POM

Threads
As the search for the service bulletins on the Toro site requires the serial number, it's possible that only serial numbers covered by the service bulletin will result in positive response.

The OP has a 21386 rather than a 21387 which is the model covered by the service bulletin. But as the problem of sputtering is the same in both models (albeit different size engines), the service bulletin covers replacing the carburetor, and that corrects the problem in the 21387, the 21387 replacement carb could reveal what change is made (relative to the factory-installed carb) and that might be applicable to the 21386 carb, even though there might not be a corresponding bulletin for the 21386.

Thanks for trying.

FlaMower

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is a good observation POM. The "non-Smartstow" Toro model is 21462 and appears to have the same B&S engine: 7.25 ft-lb Gross Torque* Briggs & Stratton® Exi 163cc (engine model is 104M020010F1) From the B&S website, https://shop.briggsandstratton.com/pages/parts-lookup#, the carburetor part number is 594058.
I seem to have the same issue with my 21462 (9 months old). After engine is warm, it will sporadically sputter then immediately resume. I only run ethanol free gas (works fine with other B&S engines), changed spark plug and air filter, but sputter continues. All symptoms points to a carb issue. I have not taken it to a service facility as this is my only mower and I can't "not mow" for a couple/few weeks while it's in the shop. If the fix is replace the carb, wonder if Toro would just ship me one?