New starter works great, now a loose wire..

Digiacomo

Threads
I replaced the starter and gave the alternator wires a little tug to see if they were not pinched in back of the starter....and came up with a black wire loose in my hand..........guess I tugged too much..........sooooo I pulled the flywheel {had to make a puller] .......I don't think it had ever been off??........

Question is..........[after i finally found the hole that the wire came from] ......Can strip a little off the end and stick it back in there with a little glue of some kind and
hope for the best..............or can i try to break away some of that black Plastic insulation and try to solder it back in.....................OR....try to find a new one that will work???

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No idea of what you are talking about
Please pop some photos up

Digiacomo

Threads
black stator wire pulled out of stator........some call them alternaters don't they??.........sorry i confused you.......I think i have it fixed...thanks for the reply

Digiacomo

Threads
kill wire goes to mag.....[kill wire on this motor ran around the other side to the throttle linkage, then to the mag]....there are two wires coming out of the stator, red and black....I have it back together and it is running and charging.......thanks..........Happy Thanksgiving,,,,,