Export thread

"new" Snapper Mower SR1433

S

SuthernBowRush

Well, this is my first post on the site. I just acquired a Snapper mower that was in use until a couple seasons ago. The lady got a ZT and left this one sitting. I know it needs carburator work, new rear tires (maybe) and a discharge chute.

I'm a little confused as to what parts list to go from...the mod # is 331413KVE but there's that mod# for a 11series and 13series..so I need to figure out the difference. Maybe age? this is NOT a new mower! but free and new to me!

I think I can get the things I've talked about so far for around $100 if I get the right ones off the internet. However, I don't want to get $350-$500 into this thing and realize it needs serious engine work, etc...then be $1000 into it...I'd rather just get a new mower, pay more and have one that's not close to ten years old!

Anyway...can I get advise from someone who's repaired and "restored" one of these? Should I invest money in it...where should I start?? I figured a $13 carburator kit to see if the engine even runs!

If I should try to tackle this...is there a certain parts place y'all get stuff from online? Alright, thanks for any help in advance!

BKBrown

BKBrown

Operator's Manuals - Support - Snapper

Put in your model # and it will give you parts list and operator manual PDF files.

Snapper also has good help at -- Customer Relations Center Technical Support Team at 1(800)935-2967

Good Luck ! :thumbsup:

S

SuthernBowRush

Mod# 331413KVE....I think I included that in the original post! thank you for the help!!

At what poitn are these mowers beyond effective for repairs????

twall

twall

Hi, and welcome to LMF!

I wrote a post in the Snapper forum about the model number:
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/snapper-forum/2826-model-number-explanation.html

Snapper is great about supplying parts for older machines. Try this link (it's what I use):
Partstree.com - Snapper

and enter that number you posted in the model # box in the lefthand column.

I have a 331415BVE. I see you have a 33 inch, 13 series with a 14 horse OHV electric start Kohler. This machine is well worth the time and money to fix up. They still make something simmilar, and they go for about $1300-$1500 new, so let that be your litmus as to when you stop fixing it. Not a lot really goes wrong with these things. After the initial resto, you may very well see quite a few trouble-free years, depending on how much you are mowing. Now, if you're trying to mow 3 acres with a RER, well - :wink:

You're on the right track to get a carb kit (I'd add a battery). There isn't much difference, other than as you say - age, between a 11 and a 13 series. I'd say you have a 13, and I'd buy parts at the above link using that model# and looking at the parts diagram to see what your part looks like. Partstree uses the parts manuals right on the site, so you can see them. That's why I like them.

Good luck and post pics!

S

SuthernBowRush

Rock on...that's great info! thank you! I have a little over 3/4 of an acre...and plus, as of now, we're in a drought! I'd have to water my lawn to really get enough grass for a walmart mower to notice! lol I wouldnt' call it a lawn...more of a yard..or even better...giant weed bed! lol

y'all ever had luck w/ using the "fix-a-flat" cans for those back tires? Mine hold air for a little while..but I think they're fairly dry rotted!

BKBrown adn Twall, thanks for the info y'all! The websites are helping too! This is my first mower, so I'm a bit new...

twall

twall

DON'T use fix a flat........it's murder on the guys later on who want to replace the tire.....

Use a tube. Just as quick and cheap a fix.