New Ryobi 20" Li-Ion battery powered snow blower with brushless motor

MowerMike

Threads
  • / New Ryobi 20" Li-Ion battery powered snow blower with brushless motor
Earlier this year Ryobi introduced a new 20" lawn mower powered by their 40 volt Li-Ion batteries, and now just in time for winter they are introducing a snow blower with a 20" wide by 10" high clearing path. As with the lawn mower, it is supplied with two 40 volt 94 Wh batteries that Ryobi promises will provide up to 40 minutes of run time. It also has two 1.4 Watt LED headlights for night use. The warranty is 5 years and it will be available through Home Depot Stores for $399 USD. Snow Joe introduced a similar snow blower about a year ago.

large_8a6d566c-9909-485b-ba77-c87ede146c1d.jpg

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gotta say a battery operated snow blower would be to difficult to have estimated run time. How do they test that just turn it on walk away and time it? I know my gas snow blowers burn a lot more gas the deeper/wetter the snow is so how's a battery going to compare? 40 mins with no load? 10 mins with load?

MowerMike

Threads
Gotta say a battery operated snow blower would be to difficult to have estimated run time. How do they test that just turn it on walk away and time it? I know my gas snow blowers burn a lot more gas the deeper/wetter the snow is so how's a battery going to compare? 40 mins with no load? 10 mins with load?

I think they rate them the same they do with the lawn mowers, where they say "up to xx minutes," based on the load. Also, these are light duty snow blowers that are not comparable to gas units. In fact, they state that the ideal snow is "light,fluffy," so they probably perform poorly in deep and/or wet snow conditions.

https://www.ryobitools.com/outdoor/products/details/641

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't think we have ever had light fluffy snow here. We either get 2-6" of wet snow or 6-12" of dry snow not much else