New purchase: Pro turn 60 (w/ briggs)

acacia987

Threads
Just picked up my new mower last night! i will post pics later tonight. 2 weeks worth of growth and it handled it without issue, clippings were not bad at all. i originally was going with the ZT hd, but with all the upgrades you get with going to the pro turn with the briggs for <1k, its almost a no brainier.

side note, how many ignitions keys did your mower come with. I only got one, a spare would of been nice.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just picked up my new mower last night! i will post pics later tonight. 2 weeks worth of growth and it handled it without issue, clippings were not bad at all. i originally was going with the ZT hd, but with all the upgrades you get with going to the pro turn with the briggs for <1k, its almost a no brainier.

side note, how many ignitions keys did your mower come with. I only got one, a spare would of been nice.

Congrats on the new Pro-Turn and welcome to the growing Gravely family on the forum!!! Yep, I only got one key with my Pro-Turn 100 XDZ and have thought about getting another made(just in case:0) It would have been nice to have gotten 2 with it when purchased though. Let us know what you think of that B & S Commercial Turf engine after you mow with it some(B & S lost a lot of owner confidence with the Intek series). I loved the B & S Vanguards, but I too had a less than expected performance from an Intek:0(

acacia987

Threads
So you have to actually get them made?!? its not like a standard key for all?? i wonder where you would have to go to get it made, a standard key kiosk?

These are supposed to be much improved over the inteks and comparing them to vangaurds (which most to be considered the best) is a little harsh since its so far on the other end of the spectrum. I have expectations of this being a 1k hour engine, and from my research and talks with briggs/gravely, this engine should have no problems hitting that mark. As far as performance goes, i would probably never be able to tell the difference between the Briggs and Kawasaki.

acacia987

Threads
terrible picture, i will try one outside
20140808_115329.jpg

D

DSepe

So you have to actually get them made?!? its not like a standard key for all?? i wonder where you would have to go to get it made, a standard key kiosk? These are supposed to be much improved over the inteks and comparing them to vangaurds (which most to be considered the best) is a little harsh since its so far on the other end of the spectrum. I have expectations of this being a 1k hour engine, and from my research and talks with briggs/gravely, this engine should have no problems hitting that mark. As far as performance goes, i would probably never be able to tell the difference between the Briggs and Kawasaki.

If they aren't standard Gravely would be the first I know of. I use the same Key on my 2014 Ferris as my 1993 Snow blower. As smart as it is for security to have special keys. It's not practical for dealers. Imagine them losing your key if they were working on your mower...that would be bad.

acacia987

Threads
does anyone know where i can get like a service manual for the pro turn(does something similar to this exist for mowers)?I blew a fuse when i started it up over the weekend. Hopefully it was just a bad fuse, although the fuse holders were not secured down and could have been to close to the engine. I plan on ziptieing them down somewhere to the frame.

One thing that caught me off guard was the seat. I thought the seat was a full suspension seat, but instead its a "plusher" seat on rubber isolators. Does anyone know if the seat suspension upgrade is available for this seat, or is it only available for the standard seat? in hindsight i should of seen how much to upgrade the seat would of been from the factory order, my fault.

D

DSepe

does anyone know where i can get like a service manual for the pro turn(does something similar to this exist for mowers)?I blew a fuse when i started it up over the weekend. Hopefully it was just a bad fuse, although the fuse holders were not secured down and could have been to close to the engine. I plan on ziptieing them down somewhere to the frame. One thing that caught me off guard was the seat. I thought the seat was a full suspension seat, but instead its a "plusher" seat on rubber isolators. Does anyone know if the seat suspension upgrade is available for this seat, or is it only available for the standard seat? in hindsight i should of seen how much to upgrade the seat would of been from the factory order, my fault.
I think you needed to go up to 100 series for full suspension seat (Pro-Turn 160 in your case). Yes a suspension insert is available for you mower or you could get the full suspension seat from dealer. As for the manual I would maybe just call Gravely support as they will gladly help you. It's covered under warranty if you decide to take back to dealer.

acacia987

Threads
I don't see taking it back, unless this is a reoccurring issue.

Are there any reviews out there on the suspension insert? how does it compare to a full suspension integral seat?
Man i should of caught that from the get go and just upgraded the seat at the factory.

acacia987

Threads
Well, less than 5 hours on the machine and it looks like it is going in the shop. i keep blowing a fuse every time i try to turn it over. On a strange note, the fuse that came from the dealer was a 25 amp, when i look at the wire diagram it states 20 amp, something seems very fishy. Looks like i will be finding out how good gravely/local dealer costumer service is sooner than i anticipated. Man this sucks

Smith97454

Threads
I was given 2 keys with my pro turn.....

As far as a fuse is concerned I wouldn't be surprised if it's a wire hats worn through. There's a lot of extra wires just laying on the frame. Looks like they ate intended for upgrades for lights and such. Could be one of those.