Threads
Wonder who's making this one? i can't find any Loncin engines in 224 cc's

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wonder who's making this one? i can't find any Loncin engines in 224 cc's
Did you watch the video ?
Ducar makes the engine
Ducar is the 4th biggest engine maker in China.
It is a big step up from the Loncin engines sort of like the difference between B & S vs Kohler .
The "strengthening" ribs on the crank are most likely there to control flow in the die when casting and the ones on the block are there to prevent fin ring & control air flow to make sure all of the fins are doing their job .
Fin ring has long been know to generate a lot of noise and now days most air cooled motorcycle engines have either a bridge on the fins or rubber jambed between them to dampen down the sound.
Hazarding a guess would be Loncin can not keep up with demand, particularly with the demise of B & S so smaller companies like H F had to source supplies elsewhere .
Parts for Ducars that are not direct Honda swaps are even harder to come by than parts for Loncins.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Wow. talk about a brain fart. 3:13.....

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Otherwords even they might be better engines when you can't get parts they are still junk. I just got an electric Homelite log splitter that needs the cylinder rebuilt but they are showing no parts available for it. Another piece of junk just because the seals are shot.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
AFAIK Ducar is a manufacturers supplier only
So any parts needed have to come via the retailer
Want to ask HF for a crankcase seal ?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
AFAIK Ducar is a manufacturers supplier only
So any parts needed have to come via the retailer
Want to ask HF for a crankcase seal ?
Nope... As they provide no ipls and part numbers to even talk to them intelligently. I refuse to service their products if parts are not easily obtainable.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Always a crapshoot. Some of the chonda engines can interchange most parts with Honda so sometimes the cheap aftermarket honda parts will fit the chondas. Sometimes not. At least the knockoff carbs work on the knockoff engines so far for the cheapo generators so far.