Buying Advice New mower

Burris33

Threads
I am getting my business starting and ready to upgrade my mower. I have about $8000 to spend. What's my best option?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am getting my business starting and ready to upgrade my mower. I have about $8000 to spend. What's my best option?

That would depend on your intentions. Residential or Commercial application.

Burris33

Threads
For commercial use, really leaning towards a Scag but not sure what model.

Vanousb

Threads
For commercial use, really leaning towards a Scag but not sure what model.

have heard they are a solid mower. no local dealer in my area so never considered when shopping myself. Sure some on hear will be more than happy to offer opinions and insights on scag.

SYW

Forum Newbie
Threads
I like Hustlers. But I would suggest start by comparing local dealers and the service after the sale.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is a John Deere dealer in Hilliard, OH that puts machines on eBay. deeredeals is their eBay name. They have seven locations, all in Ohio I think. Sometimes you can get a deal on a low time machine, Scag, Hustler and other makes, JD of course. You may be able to find a machine to your liking.
Bear in mind that warranties on most makes of machines are NOT transferable if the warranty has been already been registered by the previous owner.
So if you are near Columbus, Hilliard is west close to I-270, check them out. I've never been there, but have been in contact with them as I look for deals as I travel around with a trailer in tow.
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree with SYW. I would suggest buying from and supporting your local dealers and the service after the sale. I personally would go Toro Z-Master. I know Toro stands behind there equipment and they have the best cut that I've used and found.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
A Scag Tiger Cat with a Kawasaki engine is a nice machine. It may be a little over your price range and has 48, 52, 61 inch deck widths available along with several power options. Check them out on the Scag website.
If you are not skilled enough to service your own equipment, then I would do business with a reliable local company regardless of which makes that they sell as most makes of ZTRs are similar to each other for the most part.

Burris33

Threads
My local dealer is a Scag dealer. Mad Mackie I found a used Cheetah on EBay from the place in Ohio. Any thoughts on the them? 27hp Kawasaki