Export thread

TerraKacher

TerraKacher

Hello, just joined up. Great looking site. I used to be a small engine mechanic for a very busy shop in the NW. But now I live in Indiana going on my second year, and I'm retired and looking for something to do. I have two generators, walk behind mower, chipper/shredder, weed wacker, and a chain saw. I just started repairing an old Troy bilt blower. I have several big trees near me that blew a ton of leaves last year into my yard. Sure wish I had that blower last year. I know this may sound weird, but I want the leaves! You heard that right. I also grow worms. And they eat like crazy. Mostly composting worms, but I have some just for fishing. I love gardening, and I have two big compost bins going. I will find a rototiller next year to add to my collection. I have several people in my neighborhood who talk about getting a new lawn mower, because the one they have won't run. I told them, to let me see it first... and so it begins...

B

bertsmobile1

welcome
Always good to have more experienced minds on the forum
Even better when that minds belongs to a person who understands about real environmental protection .
Rather than blow your leaves have you considered vacuuming them up ?
If you hook your blower up to an IBC modified to have a lid then you have a vac which saves the back for the same amount of fuel useage
I repaired a poo picker a while back and could not believe just how simple it was .
Even worse it was $ 6,000 ( Aus ) new price for the bottom end unit .
I made one using an old Walker clippings bin & a back pack blower with a smashed discharge tube I got for free .
Sold it for $ 2000 to the first person who saw it
FWIW I have 10 compost bins 2 worm bin stacks and will soon be making bio char

Welcome Aboard !

J

Jamelu

Welcome aboard!