New Member with Echo PB-251 problem

v8cat

Forum Newbie
Threads
I looked up problems with my Echo PB251 blower and found this site. I took it in for warranty service under the 5 year residential warranty and got the std. response that that it was from "low compression due to bad fuel" even-though I use "toptier" gas and StarTron fuel stabilizer. Needless to say this is what I expected after seeing what happened to some members here. The machine was running fine until one day when I pulled the rope to start it. It sounded and felt like something actually broke and gas ran out of the muffler. What a worthless warranty, and I see nobody really gets any satisfaction from Echo.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start by going to another Echo dealer. Ask to know what exactly is wrong, don't accept a stock answer. First dealer should have given you a better explanation. Post back what you hear. Echo does not like it when they here about stock answers and makes a good product with a good warranty.

Threads
Welcome to the Forum!.. If its under warranty make them fix it!! Dont take no for an answer, and dont throw it out just yet.

Boudreaux

Threads
I looked up problems with my Echo PB251 blower and found this site. I took it in for warranty service under the 5 year residential warranty and got the std. response that that it was from "low compression due to bad fuel" even-though I use "toptier" gas and StarTron fuel stabilizer. Needless to say this is what I expected after seeing what happened to some members here. The machine was running fine until one day when I pulled the rope to start it. It sounded and felt like something actually broke and gas ran out of the muffler. What a worthless warranty, and I see nobody really gets any satisfaction from Echo.

Hello V8Cat, I purchased an Echo PB251 just three years ago. Used as a homeowner tool, I blow about an 1 hour (patio, very long driveway, two additional concrete pads) every time I cut.

Like you, I use Startron, and I add Sta-bil to the fuel as well. Unlike you I use 87* fuel. Thus far it has been very reliable, in that it starts and runs well. But, your issues have made me reconsider the 87* fuel.

So, I'm wondering. In the resolution of your problem, were you able to determine the issue to be gas related...???

I'm hoping I can someway avoid the issue.......

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Mowerman99

Forum Newbie
Threads
The problem is not fuel, Its not "The EPA's fault. The issue is timing. The key that holds the flywheel in place to produce the spark (at the correct time) has broken. Its actually molded to the flywheel. There was a service bulletin issued and the problem can be repaired under warranty. The dealer who looked at your blower was wrong. I have seen this a few times. Same symptoms.