Export thread

New member with anti backfire solenoid removal queation

C

chuckinnc

Hi, new to the group. I have several B&S engines that have the (anti backfire) solenoid on the bottom of the card, I tried to remove one of these but it just spins? Is this normal, if so how does it come out. Also is there a way to bypass these, I know they require 12v but sometimes they don't work and sense I have never had a problem with engines that don't have them I would like to permanently disable or replace them with a plug or something.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Wrench goes where I circled in red. Lefty loosey righty tighty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvKM5tMScgI
fuel soloind.jpg

T

Tinkerer200

As above on removal. Note that the solenoid is part of the EPA emissions package for these engines and no one should advise you to disable it permanently. I have heard of people cutting the plunger off and there will be a plug for the carb which held the carb bowl before the solenoid was required. The purpose for it is to prevent after fire due to the lean burn requirements now. After fire can be prevented by idling the engine for 20 seconds before turning off.

Walt Conner

B

bertsmobile1

the flats are also nade too thin for a normal spannar.
Even the stahlwillie's were too thick so I have ground down a couple of old junk ones.