New member introduction

digger oz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everybody, I'm new to forums and apparently I'm meant to introduce myself so here goes. I'm a part time lawn mowing contractor (do lawns on my fire brigade days off) and until a couple of weeks ago I was using a Simplicity Regent ride-on mower with a Honda GXV530 engine. Started a job one day and about 15 minutes in it threw a rod and smashed a hole in the side of the crankcase. I needed to get back mowing within a few days and a new engine over here in Australia was going to cost a couple of grand so I bit the bullet and bought a Kubota BX1800 with a 54 inch mid mount mower. It was while researching that purchase that I came across this forum (and TractorByNet). I'm now trying to find some parts to repair the Simplicity so I can get it working again and either keep using it or sell it off.
My other gear is 3 Honda mowers (a self propelled, a catch/mulch pusher and a side discharge pusher) a Deutscher H660 self propelled slasher (beast), a Stihl FS200 brushcutter, a Shindaiwa T270 line trimmer, a Honda line trimmer, a Shindaiwa multi-tool with articulating hedge trimmer and pole saw attachments and an Echo PB-500T blower.
If anyone knows of a good place to buy a replacement GXV530 crankcase, con rod and other parts, please let me know.
Cheers, Andrew

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hello Andrew... welcome to LawnMowerForum! Glad to have you here. Sounds like you've got a lot of nice equipment... too bad about the Simplicity throwing a rod. But I guess that meant getting the BX1800. :thumbsup:

I look forward to reading your posts in the future. Hope you enjoy the community! :biggrin:

Kenwurth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Digger Oz ... check your nearest Castel Garden dealer as the Honda Ride-on with this GXV530 motor is out of the Castel Garden stable I think and I would imagine they'd carry or get Honda spares.

Other than that try looking for a good second hand mower with the B&S V16 or 18HP motor it should interchange ... this B&S range I believe is made for B&S by Kawasaki and is a bloody good, pretty bombproof range of engines. Cheerz, Kenwurth:confused2:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
No idea how to help since you are in Australia, but welcome and good luck. You should get some good information here and on TBN.