New member here that needs some guidance on purchasing a used zero turn!

Trackdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New member here that needs some guidance on purchasing a used zero turn!
New here from ohio, i have been wanting a zero turn ( dont know why, just always wanted one) i found a RZT22 cub cadet with a 50" deck, 22 hp. briggs, this is a 2004 model with 199 hrs. on it and the guy wants $1750.00 for it, i know that the new zero turns are exspensive but i really dont have a clue on the used ones like this, would this mower be worth that price if everything checked out and in good shape? Thanks. ( i have 1.25 acres )

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's not many hours for 2004. That's about 1-2 hours a week. If it is properly maintained, thats a good price.
If the guy has an acre or so of nice level turf, has maintenence records, is the original owner and the machine starts and runs well. I think it's a good deal.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Mower Buying & Pricing Forum. :smile:

Trackdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
well the guy had it on craigslist for less than 24 hrs. and called me on my way home from work....sold to someone else, oh well no big deal

Threads
While you found a used Cub for $1750, a new Toro is around $2400 for a 42 inch deck and a few hundred more for a 50 inch deck. Since you are that close why not get a new machine with a 3 year warranty and is a known commodity?

Trackdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
already decided that as well, put another grand with what i got,then i know what i get...getting a new cub friday, not sure which one yet, but i will bring one home, wanting to stay with kohler engine, thanks.

robert

Threads
Our neighborhood is getting lousy with new mowers and yesterday I had the chance to use a one week old JD with four wheel steer and have reached a surprising conclusion, its FASTER than the Exmark, or more correctly; its faster than the Exmark if you don't want to leave zero turn labels all over your yard.

Approach the purchase of a zt with caution, making a 'zero' turn on turf will damage the grass. If you have to make three point turns to NOT damage the grass why not just get a good quality tractor?

I, like you, HAD to have a zt-both the brand and the use experience have been dreadful.

Cub Cadet has my attention also, while the JD is nice and works very well the cost does not reflect component quality. For the money you should NOT be getting a sealed, lower end drive, if Cub can offer a 'real' transmission why can't Deere?

Really would like to try a new Cub GT2000 series-it looks very nice, but then again so did the Exmark.