new mag no spark

hotrod351

Threads
got a new mag today for my 10hp briggs&stratton model 204412. used the business card for a gauge and nothing. disconnected the wire on the back thats for the kill switch and still nothing. pull the plug and if i crank on it i can get a small spark sometimes, not often. ive tried other gaps form 6 thousands to 15 thousands, still nothing. this was the problem with it when i got it, no spark and i checked the ohms on the old coil and it read 5 whereas the new one reads 2.5, same as my old 5hp briggs & stratton. so the first thing i need to know is what is the mag gap. also there is a small box behind the kill switch cover that the wire goes to and also the wire from the low oil level goes there too. is that box by any chance for the ignition.

danl1950

Threads
I've got the same problem,exactly,with a Honda GX620,new coils and no spark.Sure hope someone has an answer.

hotrod351

Threads
well after two hours of adjusting and adjusting i finally started disconnecting wires. for me the wire from the low oil sensor goes to a little box then a another wire comes out of the box to the kill switch. i had disconnected the wire from the sensor but still no spark, then i disconnected it from the back of the kill switch and like magic it starts. so that little box is grounding.