new kawa 25 hp engine

joboy1937

Threads
I have a sick Kawa fx729v-cs17-r in my Fastrac. anybody know what a currently available replacement engine might be. I can't find any new engine with this number..

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I suggest you take a look at B&S Vanguard Engines. Possibly less expensive than Kawasaki engine.
Measure crankshaft length & diameter at PTO clutch on Kawasaki engine, New replacement engine crankshaft should measure the same as Kawasaki.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The entire number contains codes for the alternator fitted, diameter of the crankshaft & end type type & position of the oil filter and decals on the blower cover what carb is fitted etc etc
All that is really important is the diameter & length of the crank PTO and it's style ( tapered, paralel full lenghth key way etc)
After that the rest of your old prefiierals can be swapped onto the new engine .
I would look for a FR or FS which will be a lot cheaper then swap out the FX extra bits onto them
Most of the FX's I have worked on have the 1.125" PTO and most of the FR & FS have 1" PTO's
However I have found FR>FS with the bigger shafts but the HP ratings were different.
Now the HP of mower engines that use the same short blocks is done by restrictor plates on the carb , the carb itself and some times the governor springs
So no need to be prissy about the HP rating
Basically it is done so over the years Hustler can "upgrade" their mowers with a "Bigger & Better engine" ( smoke & mirrors )