New here with Recoil start problems

BirdFantatic

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok so i have a craftsman powered by briggs and stratton 550 series 158cc 22" cut if that helps and i cant find the stupid pull start mines shot to hell after the person i got it from pulled it so hard it ripped the rivets out
i dont know what pull start model it is the model under the handle says 917371342

tybilly

Threads
your best bet is find another engine and rob the good parts off of it,maybe your local dealer has a junk pile ,there are numbers stamped somewhere on that engine housing.your numbers cross from craftsman to 10T802,there should be 4 screws to pull that housing out.usually if there is a broke pull rope or starter housing, it spells tune up.lol

Mower Doctor 78006

Threads
Its cheaper and easier to buy a good used starter assembly, with the blower housing. I agree it didn't start so the previous owner got mad and pulled the cord to death!! Proper running, and working right. 1-2 pulls max should start it. If your local shop doesn't have one. Look on ebay.

BirdFantatic

Forum Newbie
Threads
got a new recoil starter and now it works fine now all im looking for is a throttle cable for it and a break lever