New Greenworks X-Range 60 volt Outdoor Power Equipment

Maryland USA

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New Greenworks X-Range 60 volt Outdoor Power Equipment
Has Greenworks discontinued the X-Range line of Pro 60V products? One by one, these gray-bannered tools have disappeared from the site or have remained "out of stock": the 2.5-kilowatt 18-inch chainsaw with magnesium base; the 7-inch, 1,000-watt stick edger with magnesium housing; the 16-inch string trimmer (without bicycle handles); the 700-cfm blower that's slightly more robust than the standard 700 cfm blower; the 560 CFM backpack blower; the 26-inch hedge trimmer; and the 10-inch telescoping pole saw.

All that's left of the X-Range tools are the Bluetooth batteries, the pole hedge trimmer, the 21-inch Gen. 1 push mower, and the string trimmer with bicycle handles. And these tools are no longer branded X-Range.

If you look up the Greenworks X-Range link on Google and follow it, the only product listed is the 10-amp dual-port battery charger. Even the Bluetooth batteries are no longer listed there, even though they're still sold and still marked X-Range.

I'm glad I bought the X-Range chainsaw when I could. On the Greenworks site, the 2.5-kilowatt motor is now offered only on the 16-inch chainsaw (60V or 80V). If you want an 18-inch bar and chain, you must step down to 2.0 kW.

If I missed the boat buying an X-Range tool new, should I grab one used wherever I can find it? Or are the delisted and out-of-stock products coming back?

2022-06-01: Ah, good: Tractor Supply offers two Greenworks chainsaws with the 2.5 kW motor; each is 18-inch, and each must be bought in a kit: the 60-volt X-Range kit (5AH battery, slow charger) for $400 and an 80-volt kit (4AH battery, rapid charger) for $450. The X-range model has a magnesium base. No other X-Range tools are listed other than the 60V Bluetooth batteries and 60V rapid charger.

Last edited:

Maryland USA

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New Greenworks X-Range 60 volt Outdoor Power Equipment
It took almost 4 years, but the X-range telescopic pole saw is finally available. Mine arrived last week. I haven't yet attached the bar and chain. But comparing this pole saw to my Skil PWRCore 40 telescopic pole saw (7.5 to 10 feet), it appears to telescope from 7.75 feet to 11.25 feet. The shaft is much more rigid than the Skil's, and the chain speed (21m/sec) much higher. The chain is pro-grade (0.050-inch gauge, 1/4-inch pitch). You can adjust the oil-flow rate. This is an outstanding addition to the X-Range line.

It's based on the Greenworks Commercial 82V model, which goes for $430.