New Exmark Owner - It's already back in the shop!

HarryTheCat

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New Exmark Owner - It's already back in the shop!
Hi all,

A few weeks ago we bought a brand new Exmark Lazer Z, and with only 14 hours on the meter it's back at the dealership. The port side hydro is leaking oil. We're not using it in a mowing business or anything heavy, just for a large residential lawn. I can't believe that a brand new mower would have a problem like this. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Nwatson99

Threads
  • / New Exmark Owner - It's already back in the shop!
None of them are bullet proof and you will have some giving issues right out of the factory and some will wait until the warranty just runs out and then give you issues.

NY lawn Care

Forum Newbie
Threads
It happens sometimes. I have had two machines leak when brand new. exmark doesn't make the pumps. Its an outside company. It happens. Be glad its under warranty. They run about 600 now

dshoffman77

Threads
It happens sometimes. I have had two machines leak when brand new. exmark doesn't make the pumps. Its an outside company. It happens. Be glad its under warranty. They run about 600 now

See, that bothers me. ExMark is supposed to be a high quality mower. I understand they don't make the pumps but I would hope these things are inspected upon being installed, and again at a dealership. But maybe I'm just living in a fantasy world and its JUST about the sell.

Still shopping around for a new mower... Who knew it was this complicated.

thomasp91

Forum Newbie
Threads
The pumps are inspected but some defects may not show until the mower is put into actual use. I work at an eXmark dealer and we very rarely seen this happen. We have been a dealer at least 7 years and we've replaced about 2-3 pumps on new mowers that whole time. So I don't think you have anything to worry about if the dealer does the repair properly under warranty.

ztrjim

Threads
Could always return it, I believe most companies have a 30 day return policy. Just saying.... Good Luck though I hope issues do not continue, on another note..... How does it cut?