New day / New problem

dawgn86

Threads
Mower: 2014 Craftsman T3000 / Model 917-203900 with 440 hours. Engine is a 22 HP Briggs platinum / Model 44R677 Type 0021 G1 ( info from the valve cover).

noticed mower wasnt pulling the best on hills and saw on other post where grass could accumulate in various parts on the RS 800 transmission. I thought I had blown out any build up grass clippings, but found the front part of the transmission caked, so I cleaned it out very good.

I tool my fuel tank out from under the seat and noticed two things:

1. my black plastic driven pulley cover was broke all the way around the base of the bell shaped piece and it was spinning freely on the shaft.
2. the mover drive belt ( connected to the engine ), the right side of it was tight against this black plastic housing?? I suspect it had something to do with why the driven pulley housing broke.

I have replaced 3 of the 4 idle and flat pulleys for the drive belt...what could be making the belt now be so tight against the driven pulley housing? The belt is routed as the diagram sticker posted under the tractor and I didnt remove the bell crank.

I should have taken pictures.....

dawgn86

Threads
Thanks Marks...im a numbnuts....i did figure out I had the belt routed wrong and now have it fixed.

I also received my new drive belt yesterday and put it on....what a difference a new belt makes!

Last edited: