New Cub Cadet ZT1-50 Front Caster play

mgaylo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a new ZT1 (17AIEACLA10) Mfg:12/2023.
I have 13 hrs on it and started noticing last week that I get a jarring sound like the deck is loose. Turns out it is the front right caster asssembly. It has about 3/16” of play and jars/bangs while mowing. The left caster has no play. I can see a big washer about 3”dia that separates the caster from the yoke, but is is loose fitting. The bolts on top are tight, I tried to remove with an impact driver but it wouldn’t bulge. Any thoughts? A parts diagram doesn’t show many parts, 2 washers and 2 bearing. Not sure if I need to be concerned. Wouldn’t want to damage the caster or yoke.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds like a 6205-2RSNR bearing failure. With the low hours it should be cover your warranty so I would let the dealer deal with it.

Retaining bolt is using a patch of Loctite but they were only tighten to 320 in-lbs.

mgaylo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like a 6205-2RSNR bearing failure. With the low hours it should be cover your warranty so I would let the dealer deal with it.

Retaining bolt is using a patch of Loctite but they were only tighten to 320 in-lbs.
Thanks for the reply.

mgaylo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fixed. Turns out there is a spring clip that fits into a groove on the bearing. That clip had come off of the bearing. I guess that allowed the 1/8” of play in the stem that sounded like metal banging on every bump. Glad it was an easy fix.
Thanks for the reply.