New coffees

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anybody tried that new VIA Starbucks coffee?

I did, and man - I can't believe it's instant. I detest instant coffee. The wierd funk in that swill is as bad as diet soda's fake sugar - makes me sick thinking about it. I guess I'm spoiled on real fresh-brewed coffee.

I have a keurig brewer too, and the last time I got cups for it, What I got was "microground and instant". I was mad - until I made a cup. Again, just a teensy hint of instant taste....but I was impressed.

What the heck made instant change to something a coffee lover can drink - and what took them so long?

Last edited:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

I did, and man - I can't believe it's instant. I detest instant coffee. The wierd funk in that swill is as bad as diet soda's fake sugar - makes me sick thinking about it. I guess I'm spoiled on real fresh-brewed coffee.

I have a keurig brewer too, and the last time I got cups for it, What I got was "microground and instant". I was mad - until I made a cup. Again, just a teensy hint of instant taste....but I was impressed.

What the heck made instant change to something a coffee lover can drink - and what took them so long?

I have never been a Starbucks fan, to me the stuff is overpriced and overhyped...my usual brew in the morning is two cups of Tasters Choice instant so I probably have numbed my taste buds so much I coundn't even recognize good coffee if I tasted it.

173abn

Threads
Folgers,Good to the last drop. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

I did, and man - I can't believe it's instant. I detest instant coffee.

Yea that stuff is quite a surprise... VERY good and you will not pick it out as different from fresh brewed... but I still like the idea of fresh brewed coffee...
Have you tried Starbucks Yukon blend coffee? try that in your coffee maker... MMMMmmmmm! :smile:KennyV

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea that stuff is quite a surprise... VERY good and you will not pick it out as different from fresh brewed... but I still like the idea of fresh brewed coffee...
Have you tried Starbucks Yukon blend coffee? try that in your coffee maker... MMMMmmmmm! :smile:KennyV

Not yet......I kinda stick with my keurig and (the last fad) my Senseo. There is nothing like each cup being the first brewed!

Not to sound like a yuppie or anything (a trip to Starbucks is quite a treat for us) but they're having a tasting one day only here, to celebrate 40 years.......I'm so there. New linited-time blend.......

BTW, got my Keurig from a salvage store for $40! :laughing: Did pay full tilt for the Senseo 6 years ago.....

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not yet......I kinda stick with my keurig and (the last fad) my Senseo. There is nothing like each cup being the first brewed!

Not to sound like a yuppie or anything (a trip to Starbucks is quite a treat for us) but they're having a tasting one day only here, to celebrate 40 years.......I'm so there. New linited-time blend.......

BTW, got my Keurig from a salvage store for $40! :laughing: Did pay full tilt for the Senseo 6 years ago.....

You are NOT a typical LMF member, most of us pay full boat for our mowers and lurk in the thrift stores for our coffee makers...you do the opposite...:laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are NOT a typical LMF member, most of us pay full boat for our mowers and lurk in the thrift stores for our coffee makers...you do the opposite...:laughing:

LOL :laughing: for REAL........that's too funny......and TRUE from what I've seen........:laughing:

However, I DID mention that I got the Keurig from a salvage store.........then again, for about what I paid for my most expensive mower -

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Actually, the elite I have (dunno why they call it that - since it's the bottom rung of the big Keurigs) retails for about $125 here. The stainless-adorned shiny chromie blue - light - lit - tank, polished cast aluminum handled one was called the Ultimate, and that was over $200, and was a special edition.

Kenny, If you've seen Keurigs for over $200, that's gouging!!!

Here's their prices, straight from their site (the first three are the 'home models' that you're likely to see):

Single Cup Brewer for Home or Office - Keurig.com

Even with shipping, the very top of the line one should only be about $200.

YES, I still got a helluva deal - there wasn't a thing wrong with it. Might have been a display.......anything that's half again the size of a 12 cup drip brewer, and only makes ONE CUP at a time......manly enough for me!!