New Blades Mismatch?

LSU-Mike

Threads
I recently ordered a set of three blades from Amazon for my Scag Freedom Z 52". The new blades are the same length as authentic Scag blades and appear to be the same thickness and weight. However, in the attached photo you'll see that the cutting edges are somewhat longer and the "notches" are located differently. Will these differences cause any problems?
Thanks,
Mike
1665172875081.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don’t see any reason you should have any problems with the new blades. Just Oregon’s design. You’ll probably see that the cutting edge will not be fully used.

LSU-Mike

Threads
I don’t see any reason you should have any problems with the new blades. Just Oregon’s design. You’ll probably see that the cutting edge will not be fully used.
Thanks for the quick reply. I didn’t think there would be a problem, but your reassurance is appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The original blades would be subject to patients so the aftermarket ones can not be absolute identical copies unless Oregon pay royalties to the original designer.
As Rivets said it is only the every edge of the blade that does any cutting

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Aftermarket vs. OE. They will work fine.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought a spare pair of Oregon Blades for my Liberty, they work fine. The Scag OE Blades are Marbain Steel blades & hold an edge longer tho.