New batteries for cmm1200 or replace?

Under my user name,
used probably 10x so far in 6 or so weeks. Rained every 2nd or 3rd day, mild temp's. Perfect grass growing weather.
 
Thanks for the link to the Nissan Leaf forum. That was me, and I've been looking for that info for a couple days now! Forgot I made that post. Anyway, I'm in the market to replace the LiFePO4 batteries I installed in my CMM1200 back in March 2012. I had decided to not pamper them in any way, so they've been charged by the stock B&D charger and the mower has been sitting in the very hot heat here in Houston and also the chilly winters. Now it can mow only about 1/4th the grass it used to.

The batteries I bought 7 years ago don't seem to be available anymore. I'm zeroing in on this as a current replacement:

https://www.bioennopower.com/collec...s/copy-of-24v-20ah-lfp-battery-pvc-blf-2420as

The down side is that, with a charger and shipping cost, it'll be about $440.

 
They were $350 back then. I probably should've gotten a dedicated charger but other things, like mower storage conditions, couldn't be helped.
I'll update this thread when I settle on a new battery system and get it installed.

ouch - bet you paid a lot back then, too bad you didn't get more life outta them. Still, not 'horrible' I guess.
 
Back
Top