Export thread

needle and seat help

R

Ramman123

Hello Everyone:
I know I'm not very savvy on the internet but I can usually muddle my way enough to figure things out. But for the life of me I can't seem to get the information I need to get parts to repair the carburetor on this motor.

I have a snow blower with a Briggs motor model 21 M 414........type 0119E1....one other number 090813YD

The carburetor is a Nikky with these numbers on it....793735.....G02544....9722..4B

The needle and seat are leaking terribly on it. If I fail to shut off fuel when I'm done with it , the tank will drain over time into the crank case.

I'm not positive but I found one reference to a Briggs part # 696136 that might possibly be the needle ? But I don't know for sure.

That said I have not found a number for the seat.

If anyone could assist me with information of what I need and where I should have found it , I'd really appreciate it !

Thank for looking at my post and for your time !

RE

I

ILENGINE

That is the part number for the float needle, which I believe contains the Viton tip so there is no separate seat. the viton tip seals against the gas passage. Just make sure the O rings between the carb body and the plastic float holder are not damaged and leaking.

R

Ramman123

ILENGINE:
Thanks very much for your assistance !
Maybe I should just get a carb kit and change out all the replaceable parts ?

I'll attempt to look up a number for a kit , maybe I'll get luckier than before ....lol !

Thanks again

RE

StarTech

StarTech

Just note there two separate carburetor kit for engine. Which one depends if the bowl gasket is an all in one or a two piece set.

cpurvis

cpurvis

In the meantime, if it doesn't have a fuel shutoff valve in the fuel line, install one and use it every time you shut the engine off. It's a stop gap and shouldn't be necessary but it works.