needle and seat help

Ramman123

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone:
I know I'm not very savvy on the internet but I can usually muddle my way enough to figure things out. But for the life of me I can't seem to get the information I need to get parts to repair the carburetor on this motor.

I have a snow blower with a Briggs motor model 21 M 414........type 0119E1....one other number 090813YD

The carburetor is a Nikky with these numbers on it....793735.....G02544....9722..4B

The needle and seat are leaking terribly on it. If I fail to shut off fuel when I'm done with it , the tank will drain over time into the crank case.

I'm not positive but I found one reference to a Briggs part # 696136 that might possibly be the needle ? But I don't know for sure.

That said I have not found a number for the seat.

If anyone could assist me with information of what I need and where I should have found it , I'd really appreciate it !

Thank for looking at my post and for your time !

RE

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is the part number for the float needle, which I believe contains the Viton tip so there is no separate seat. the viton tip seals against the gas passage. Just make sure the O rings between the carb body and the plastic float holder are not damaged and leaking.

Ramman123

Forum Newbie
Threads
ILENGINE:
Thanks very much for your assistance !
Maybe I should just get a carb kit and change out all the replaceable parts ?

I'll attempt to look up a number for a kit , maybe I'll get luckier than before ....lol !

Thanks again

RE

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just note there two separate carburetor kit for engine. Which one depends if the bowl gasket is an all in one or a two piece set.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
In the meantime, if it doesn't have a fuel shutoff valve in the fuel line, install one and use it every time you shut the engine off. It's a stop gap and shouldn't be necessary but it works.