Need starter.

The engine model number i gave was the correct model including all digits. The code on the motor is 9301291. The two pictures I included show the old starter and the one that I ordered which is not the correct one either. As you can see from the shafts the old one is longer and has a unique tip.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0042 (2).JPG
    IMG_0042 (2).JPG
    526.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0043 (2).JPG
    IMG_0043 (2).JPG
    922.9 KB · Views: 17
You posted 29447-0445-01 which does not come up. The cage covering the bendix spring really doesn’t matter, as long as the number of teeth on the bendix gear are the same. Just a superseded part, should work fine.
 
The gear on the starter seems to be plastic and the gear on the main is aluminum. The starter that I purchased is model number 795121. When I started the mower it made a hell of racket so i don't think its the correct one. ????
 
Can you please post a picture of where you got this number 29447-0445-01 which you put in your first post?
 
You need Briggs part number 691564 if you have a steel ring gear on your flywheel. The starter 795121 you have is for a flywheel with a plastic ring gear. Sorry for all the politics and confusion.
 
If it is metal, but not steel, then it must be aluminum. In that case you need starter 795121 which is for plastic and aluminum ring gears. I believe you have that one, so first check to see if it has the same number of teeth on the bendix gear, as the old one.
 
Back
Top