Need some help guys

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Here is question. Does air continuously come out even when the unit is shut down? If so the main check valve is not sealing off as it should.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I think so.
After the unit dies. Air is still coming out of throttle control air line.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you take the belt off does the engine idle ok with the control pulled to idle position?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When the engine stops the tank shouldn't be venting. Where is the air venting from with the engine stopped?Screenshot_20240216-201153_Drive.jpg
Number 19 is the check valve. It is very common for those to leak. When they leak it can screw up what the pilot valve does as it leaks pressure back into the compressor.
looks like the check valve is leaking instead of sealing off and letting the head pressure bleed off through the small line from the check valve to the pilot/unloader valve and out the small hole on the valve.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The only place air comes from when it idles down and dies is from around the idle control shaft that pushes the linkage on the throttle.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Here's a video of the only place air is escaping.

Removed the #19 check valve, appears to be in working order, easily opened and closed, I cleaned it up and reinstalled, still same issue

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't think I have seen one do that. Just for grins pull the small line off the 19 check valve and see what happens when it kicks down to idle.