Need help with wiring harness from engine.

maillemaker

Threads
I got my sprayer hooked up. Works great!

RdLLwnul.jpg

nuaXxY5l.jpg

GC6AvExl.jpg

maillemaker

Threads
I just went and checked again - no schematic in the owner's manual.

maillemaker

Threads
Thanks that looks like it! Strange that it looks like AC goes to charge the battery?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The charging system is not on that schematic, which is for the tractor. Trace the red wire you posted in post number 3, it should lead to the battery. Might be connected to the battery cable at the solenoid.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What? Maybe my eyes are lying to me then.

From what I see it is the Briggs 3 A charging with a separate AC for lighting.
P0701111-00011.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your eyes are good, mine are bad. Had macular eye surgery to repair a macular hole four weeks ago and focusing is not my strong suit now. Sorry

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now if it is was a poisonous snake it could have bit you.:LOL: Got to slow down especially reaching inside those mowers. Don't want to get another surprise like last week with a snake in there here.

maillemaker

Threads
the red wire with the diode on it is to charge your battery and shouldnt have anything else connected to it
I am confused here to the "diode" you speak of.

Are you talking about this thing? The red crimped-on thing is just a crimp connector I used to re-splice the cut wires.
BooJgphl.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just got to remember that the dual stator used here will only give 3 amps DC max charge current @ 3600 rpm. Now of you can add a 790292 voltage regulator and that increase the amps to 5 amps max.

Of course the stator can be change to a higher current version and a voltage regulator added. Just depends on what you are will to spend to do this.