Repairs Need help with a mower not starting

that rapid clicking is a dead or low battery.. put it on a charger until it gets to about 12.8 volts (if you have a multimeter to check it with), if not just leave it charging for 5-8 hours. that usually gets mine charged up.
 
When you say "not starting" do you mean starter is not turning engine over or----engine is turning over but not cranking????
 
OK thanks, a picture(video) is worth a thousand words :wink:

I had a similar problem with my Craftsman Riding where I had a new battery that would not stay charged. I kept messing with the electrical connectors until
it started working and staying charged. It was a bad ground clamp right below the solenoid switch was not making connection to the frame.

Of course that may not be your problem at all but a similar result. Bob
 
Thanks everyone. I'm going to tinker with it with these in mind and see what I can figure out. I'll post what I find out. Thanks again
 
Back
Top