Export thread

Need help with a bagger!

M

Mad mama

New here and need some info! Have a Gravely ZT 54XL zero turn mower need a bagger or leaf vacuum something that can handle the debris from 7 (yes 7 ?‍♀️) mature walnut trees and 3 huge great northern pines! Got walnuts and pine cones up the arss and I am sick of raking!

B

bertsmobile1

For that type of material you will need to get a "Poo Picker" rather that they typical leaf vacuum.
Poo pickers are made for horses so will not be cheap but they are dead easy to build .
Basically they are leaf blowers bolted into the side of a drum that has a hose at the other end to suck the leaves up with.
As such, what you are sucking up does not go through a blower fan .
Walnut & pin cones destroy through the fan units very quickly.
This web site has a run of them across the top of the page which explains everything better than I can poo vacs
They do work very well I have fixed a lot of them for the equestrians around here
Most just had a GX25 or GX35 powered leaf blower to power the unit
The finger guard on the blower is replaced with a cylinder covered with fine netting
That goes through a hole with a rubber seal around it and is held in with a small strap to prevent it falling out when the engine is not running.
The only difference between a std leaf blower & one of these is they all have a low oil shut off .
One customer used a standard bagger blower fan fitted to an old chicken pellet feeder hopper.
All stuff he bought at a farm clearing auction for next to nothing ,

gotomow

gotomow

Your ZTR has been discontinued for awhile so you might check with your dealer to see if a current bagger will work. That or a universal bagger or a tow behind sweeper.

StarTech

StarTech

The smart thing to do with the walnuts is to sell them.

B

bertsmobile1

Your ZTR has been discontinued for awhile so you might check with your dealer to see if a current bagger will work. That or a universal bagger or a tow behind sweeper.
Running anything with blades over walnuts is not a good idea, much like mowing gravel
He really will need a tow behind like already mentioned
No idea what Great Northern Pine cones are like but I have visions of WWII had grenades .