Need Help Wiring Lights to Kohler Engine (CV1541537)

Whalensdad

Threads
I have a Craftsman LT1000 that originally came with a B&S Intek 17.5 HP engine. Sometime in its life that engine was replaced with a Kohler Command. The label is missing so I contacted Kohler. We were able to narrow it down to either a CV1321533 or CV1541537. Not that this makes any difference in my question, just wanted to provide some background. It still has the original B&S pigtail, and the Kohler engine had the old box style rectifier. The lights were never connected. I am replacing the rectifier and want to hook up the lights. I'm thinking I need to tee off one of the stator wires before it connects to the rectifier and run that to the light circuit, but I'm not sure. Can someone provide guidance on how I get power to the lighting circuit?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
why not run the lights off the battery, or if you want it stock, find the factory wiring diagram for your mower?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If yo brought it to me I would run a wire from the A terminal on the key switch to the lights. That way anytime you have the unit ON the lights will be on. Or if you have a separate light switch, run the wire from the light switch to the key switch.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Both engines listed IPLs have a 15 amp stator system.

1666226639291.png

Whalensdad

Threads
I appreciate the input, but I'm still looking for an answer to the following. The old box type rectifier had 2 outputs, White and Red. The red was the rectified output and went to the power side (blue wire). The white went to the orange side, which I believe is the accessory side. The new rectifiers now only have a single output. How do I make the connection to the Orange/accessory side. This LT1000 started life with a Briggs and Stratton engine and I'm not sure if the original box rectifier was a hold over from that engine or not.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I haven't seen a Briggs regulator wired as describe. Really need the actual model of the Craftsman LT1000 (from serial number tag) as there are several version of the mower. Matter of fact I two last week in my shop. A red one and a silver/grey version.

How to wire depends on the mower side wiring. But if the output was AC for running the lights you would it disconnected and rewire the lights to ignition switch so they only come when in run/start positions. Also if this was an AC operated lights only system it can be just left disconnected as I have mower lights are basically useless for mowing at night unless you nothing on the lawn to run over. But cutting down your wife's flowers might just get in dog house for some time.

Whalensdad

Threads
The gods are conspiring against me. The label is mangled. It is a green mower built before 2006. The model # is: 917-272761. the only thing I can get from the serial number is the first number and the last 6: 0xxxxxxxxx003016

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The model number was the important part. The mower was initially setup for the Briggs dual circuit alternator. No regulator was used on the original setup. In this case you just jumper the red to orange as the light are already being switch on and off by the ignition switch A2 and L terminals. The orange wire is only for the lights.

1666358423571.png

Whalensdad

Threads
Thank You! I appreciate the fast response.